What Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) method will William James College supports?
We will support several different MFA methods through OneLogin:
- A text (SMS) message to your cellphone with a PIN
- Via the OneLogin Protect App on your Smart Phone
- Via an Authenticator of your choice (Google or Microsoft)
- Via OneLogin Voice (enter a code over the phone)
- Via YubiKey – A USB RSA Token reserved for any staff who is not able to use any other authentication methods.
What steps do I need to take to enroll?
Users can elect to enroll in one (minimum) or more options (recommended). More information regarding these methods will be covered in the documentation and training videos that will be provided via WJC Support Website: About Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
When will I be asked to identify myself using MFA?
- MFA is activated when you are working off-campus or accessing certain cloud-based applications.
- You will be prompted when you first log on to your WJC account from an off-campus location. Once verified, you will not be asked to re-verify for 24 hours unless your account credential has been used from a different off-campus location, or if you are using a different web browser that hasn’t been verified.
- You will not be prompted to verify your device when you are on campus and your device is connected to the campus WIFI.
I don't have a smartphone or I don't own a cellphone, what can I do to enable MFA?
For users who don’t have a smartphone, using SMS (text message fee may apply) or OneLogin Voice may be a good choice.
To set up OneLogin SMS please follow the instructions here: Setting SMS for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
To set up OneLogin Voice please follow the instructions here: Setting Up OneLogin Voice for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
For users who don’t have access to a cell phone and can’t, a user can request a YubiKey from the IT office as an alternative option. Please contact IT Office if you don’t have any other MFA options.
If you have any questions or run into any issues please feel free to reach out to the IT Dept at Support@williamjames.edu or give us a call @ 617-327-6777 X1600